The National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show®, the foodservice industry’s foremost event, has announced the 42 recipients of the 2023 Food and Beverage (FABI) Awards®, including eight FABI Favorites, which have been singled out for their standout flavors, creativity, and ingenuity by the judges. The FABI Awards celebrate cutting-edge products that are shaping the future of food and beverage by transforming the industry. This year’s awards will be held from May 20-23, 2023, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Tom Cindric, President of Winsight Exhibitions, stated, “This year is truly an exceptional year for food and beverage originality as evidenced by a record-breaking 42 FABI Awardees. These 42 products are breaking new barriers in flavor, taste, creativity, and packaging and are shaping the future of food and beverage. As the world’s largest and most-trusted foodservice event, the National Restaurant Association Show continues to be where the next big industry trends are born and serve as a launching pad for companies to showcase new products.”
The FABI Awards represent the most creative and innovative new tastes that are driving the industry forward, delivering expanded menu offerings that enhance profitability and delight customers. An independent panel of judges evaluated each FABI Award submission from across the food service industry to determine the most unique, creative, and appealing to the operator community. The judges considered new opportunities and profit potential as well as the creative approach to operator challenges.
This year, the FABI Awards has introduced the FABI Favorites, which provides special recognition for the judges’ top FABI Award recipients, which exemplified creativity, ingenuity, and the ability to expand menu options industry-wide. The new designation includes eight FABI Awardees selected by the judges among an already exceptional lineup of items. Attendees can sample both FABI Favorites and FABI Awardees at the new Connections space, located in The Culinary Experience, throughout the Show.
“The 2023 FABI awardees are prime examples of the delicious creativity and innovation that drives the industry forward,” said Chef Marion Gibson, Director of Culinary Innovation at Aramark and FABI judge. “I’m honored to have been part of the selection process and excited for the food service community to get a taste of the judges’ top picks, with the new FABI Favorites category.”
The winners of the 2023 FABI Awards are as follows:
- Brown Sugar Instant Boba Kit from Boba Bam
- Plant-Based Tuna Filet from Current Foods
- 16oz Non-Stick Cooking Spray from La Tourangelle
- V’DGZ Plant and Vegetable Shareables – Corn R’bz from McCain Foods
- Classic Cutlet from Meati
- Nounós Greek Yogurt from Nounos Creamery LLC
- Spring in a Bottle from Wölffer Estate Vineyard
- Yo Plant-Based Sunny-Side Up Egg from Yo Foods, Inc.
- Mongolian Plant-Based Steak from Alchemeat
- Plant-Based Pepperoni from Before the Butcher
- Beyond Steak™ from Beyond Meat
- Briette from Champignon North America, Inc.
- Simply Mixology from The Coca-Cola Company
- Italian 4 Cheeze Style Blend Shreds from Daiya Foods Inc.
- EQUII High Protein Bake Mix from EQUII Foods
- HealthSavor Organic Miso Mustard from Great Eastern Sun
- Impossible™ Fully Cooked Burger Patty from Impossible Foods
- Mini Mashers from McCain Foods
- Unsweetened Barista Milk from Milkadamia
- Pourable Plant Milk Mozzarella from Miyoko’s Creamery
- Vegan Boneless Chicken Wings from Myrtle Greens
- Vegan Kung Pao Chicken Steamed Dumplings from Myrtle Greens
- Plantspired Korean BBQ Steak from Nasoya
- Bakeable Cajun Breaded Plant-Based New Wave Shrimp® from New Wave Foods
- Oatly Soft Serve from Oatly
- Grill House Burger from Ocean Beauty Seafoods
- Cold Brew with Chocolate Liqueur from Organic Mixology
- Regal Harvest Smoked Basmati Rice from Pari Foods Inc.
- Cream Cheese Spread from Perfect Day, Inc.
- Sabatino Tartufi Truffle & Honey from Sabatino Truffles
- No-Soy Sauce from Sempio Foods Company
- Organic Gochujang from Sempio Foods Company
- Premium Mason Jar Desserts from Taste It Presents
- Grab & Go Blueberry Parfait Popper Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Yogurt & Granola / 5oz Pouch from Tru Fru LLC
- Grab & Go Raspberry Parfait Popper Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Yogurt & Granola / 5oz Pouch from Tru Fru LLC
- Grab & Go Strawberry Parfait Popper Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Yogurt & Granola / 5oz Pouch from Tru Fru LLC
- Hillshire Farm® Fully Cooked Carved Pork Belly from Tyson Foods Inc
- Plant-based Korean BBQ from UNLIMEAT
- Veggies Made Great’s 2 oz Frittatas
- Wild Hibiscus Flower Company’s B’Lure Butterfly Pea Flower Extract
- World Finer Foods’ Cutting Vedge Veggie Forward™ Meatballs,
and Yo Foods, Inc.’s Yo Plant-Based Poached Egg is among the 2023 FABI Awardees
Attendees can experience these award-winning products firsthand at The Culinary Experience and the Connections space, where they will be featured in tastings and demos. The FABI Favorites Tasting and FABI Awardees Tasting will take place on Saturday, May 20, Monday, May 22, and Sunday, May 21, respectively.
These exciting products will also be highlighted with prominent signage throughout the Show floor. Don’t miss your chance to taste and discover the most innovative food and beverage products of the year.
To register and learn more about the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show, visit nationalrestaurantshow.com. Follow the Show on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok for updates and news.