abillion, a rapidly growing social e-commerce platform designed to help people and businesses around the world be more sustainable, has identified the plant-based trends that will define the year ahead.
abillon’s top 10 plant-based trends for 2022
- Vegan egg alternatives rise in popularity as more liquid products enter the market.
- Oat milk will supersede dairy with both color and variety—we’ll see an increasing number of flavors in 2022.
- Major fast-food chains offer more plant-based options as the adoption of plant-based food increases around the world.
- Alternative seafood has vast growth potential as brands explore its range and variety.
- The growing number of eco-conscious dog owners opting for vegan pet food is surging, helping to reduce one of the biggest contributors to meat consumption.
- Advances in dairy alternatives have fueled innovation in the vegan milk chocolate market. Major chocolatiers and local brands are capitalizing on this opportunity.
- The rise in solid skincare products will help the beauty industry transition towards even greater sustainability.
- Haircare follows skincare to become more sustainable. Vegan hair serums, coloring, and styling products are becoming mainstream.
- The growth of hemp and CBD products is set to disrupt the beauty industry as demand for this sustainable ingredient increases.
- Menswear finally embraces vegan leather with natural leather alternatives being embraced by major manufacturers.
Check out the full report here