The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), America’s largest grocery retailer, today announced its 2022 Food Trends Report, which predicts emerging food trends, consumer behaviors, and popular items for the year ahead. This fourth-annual report centers on the continued dominance of at-home meals, powered by convenience, affordability, social gatherings, and the desire for sustainable and nutrient-rich food items.
I would mention here the following:
5. PLANeT-based foods. Consumers continue to focus on the health of the planet, not just through plant-based foods, but also by reducing their waste impact with upcycled ingredients and more recyclable packaging. Plant-based foods are now being purchased for indulgence, comfort, and nostalgia, rather than being solely known as the healthier choice for our bodies, while still helping consumers lower their carbon footprint. Customers can also recycle flexible plastic packaging from Kroger Our Brands products through the national partnership with TerraCycle.
Products to Try:
- Kroger Egg & Cheddar Croissant with Plant-Based Breakfast Patty
- Simple Truth Plant Based Cheesecake, Cupcakes, Mac & Cheese
- Simple Truth Plant-Based Baking Mixes made with upcycled Okara Flour Sugar Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Dark Chocolate Brownie (coming soon)
- Simple Truth Non-Dairy Cheese Shreds, Slices
- Simple Truth-Kipster Carbon Neutral Eggs (launching in 2023)
8. Natural health & beauty. Consumers are seeking out natural products to increase beauty from the inside out. Eating for beauty and medicine is trending with food and beverage products that have health and beauty-boosting benefits are trending in 2022, with examples including fermented kombuchas, antioxidants, probiotics, reductions of sugar, and additions of omega-3s.
The non-vegan products are still in trend, but we are happy that veganism is increasing, and consumers have already TOP Favourite brands and/or flavors and food in this Niche.
The top food Source and trending Source: The Kroger Co.