– New “Local Channels DVR” feature records up to two free over-the-air (OTA) broadcast channels simultaneously, available to all AirTV customers at no additional charge
– Integrates recorded OTA content within Cloud DVR on Sling TV app on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices
– Access live and recorded local channels in and out of home on mobile devices, no monthly subscription required
– No Sling TV subscription required
AirTV L.L.C. today introduced its “Local Channels DVR” feature to AirTV customers, allowing users to watch live and recorded local channels in- and out-of-the-home, no monthly subscription required. Recorded over-the-air (OTA) content is available in the Sling TV app alongside other Cloud DVR recordings.
“The Local Channels DVR rounds out the complete cord-cutting experience for those wanting to integrate free local channels and DVR with a streaming service like Sling TV,” said Mitch Weinraub, director of product development for AirTV. “Millions of Americans are embracing over-the-air antennas as part of their cord-cutting solution, and the ability to take their live and recorded content in and out of home with AirTV’s Local Channels DVR is just an added bonus.”
Local Channels DVR requires an external storage device to record free over-the-air (OTA) channels via an antenna when used with AirTV, and is available on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices. Starting today, AirTV users will see the new Local Channels DVR feature upon updating and restarting their Sling TV app.
AirTV, an OTA solution launched in May 2018 and recently awarded CEDIA’s “Best New Product Award,” wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home, when connected to an OTA antenna and home Wi-Fi network. Users can access content via the Sling TV or AirTV apps. Local channel availability depends on geographic location and antenna quality and placement.
Local Channels DVR features:
- Dual Tuner – AirTV’s dual tuner functionality allows customers to record up to two shows at once or watch one show live and record another. Live and recorded content can be accessed across all compatible devices, in or out of the home.
- Integrated DVR menu – Recorded OTA content seamlessly appears in the same menu as Cloud DVR content in the Sling TV app, indicated by an OTA icon. No Sling TV or additional subscription is required to access Local Channels DVR recordings.
- Storage – A dedicated external USB hard drive (purchased independently, flash drives not compatible) must be attached to AirTV for storing Local Channels DVR content. AirTV currently supports recording up to 2 Terabytes of local content.
- Functionality – AirTV customers can record up to two shows at a time and set single-episode or series recordings, in and out of the home. Once recorded, users can pause, rewind or fast-forward programming. If watching a recording in real time, users may also pause live TV.